Updated as of: July 23, 2021
DO DANCERS AND VISITORS HAVE TO WEAR A MASK AND GLOVES?
No. In accordance with Denton City Council Order GA-36, face coverings are not required; however, we recommend that all visitors follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention when entering our facilities by practicing social distancing if you are not fully vaccinated.
ARE YOU TAKING NEW STUDENTS?
Yes, we will do our best to accommodate new students. Due to class size limitations, we may have limited availability for specific classes on specific days, but we are always happy to have new dancers join us at DBA.
WHAT SAFETY PROTOCOLS DO YOU HAVE IN PLACE?
- We have installed a Plexiglass barrier at the front desk.
- All rooms and studio spaces have been equipped with hand sanitizer and disinfectants.
- All teachers, staff, dance parents, and students will practice regular hand washing.
- Dancers may not enter the studio if they are exhibiting any symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- All dancers are encouraged to do a health self-assessment before coming to the studio, including checking for symptoms and fever.
WHAT CHANGES ARE HAPPENING AT DBA?
- Classes will be about 3-5 minutes shorter in length, so that each room and all equipment can be thoroughly cleaned in between classes.
- Dancers should arrive in dance attire and bring only the shoes necessary, as well as one electronic device (as needed). A small dance bag is acceptable if the dancer has multiple classes and needs to change shoes.
- Following CDC recommendations, students will be spaced 6 feet apart and maintain this distance during the class. Floors will be clearly marked at this distance, and each student will be required to stay within their marked space. The studios vary in size, but each studio will conform to these rules.
- Dancers may not gather in hallways, stairwells, or any other indoor spaces before, after or between classes. Dancers must wait outside the studio with adult supervision when needed. Dancers must wait in their vehicle until their class scheduled times. All dancers must be picked up promptly at the end of their class. If the dancer has multiple classes in a row, please pick up the dancer after the last class.
CAN NON-DANCERS (PARENTS, GUARDIANS, ETC.) COME INTO THE STUDIO?
Parents/Guardians are welcome to enter the building to pay tuition or ask office staff brief questions. Otherwise, we request non-enrolled individuals remain outside of the studio in the parking lot or in your vehicle. Observation of classes is not available. We ask that anyone coming into the office schedule an appointment time to limit the number of individuals in the office and in waiting areas. DBA will provide link on the website to reserve a time.
Denton Ballet Academy is taking the following precautions to protect our students and help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Seating for the office waiting area has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- All staff maintains safe distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained, and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the classrooms, the office waiting area, and at the reception counter.
- Appointments will be scheduled at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the Dance Boutique/Office.
- We ask all parents to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their children class schedule times.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessible, and trash is disposed-of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
- All bars and any touched surfaces in the studio are thoroughly wiped down after each class.