Last updated: Friday, August 13, 2021 @ 2:10 pm
DO DANCERS AND VISITORS HAVE TO WEAR A MASK?
Yes! In accordance with Denton City Council Order (date issued: August 12, 2021), face coverings are
required in Denton Ballet Academy facilities for all teachers, staff, students, parents, and visitors
regardless of vaccination status, except for children under 2 years old. The order will continue through
11:59 p.m. on September 30, 2021.
ARE YOU TAKING NEW STUDENTS?
Yes, we will do our best to accommodate new students. Due to class size limitations, we may have limited availability for specific classes on specific days, but we are always happy to have new dancers join us at DBA.
WHAT SAFETY PROTOCOLS DO YOU HAVE IN PLACE?
- We have installed a Plexiglas barrier at the front desk.
- All rooms and studio spaces have been equipped with hand sanitizer and disinfectants.
- All teachers, staff, dance parents, and students will wear a mask, practice social distancing, and regular hand washing.
- Dancers may not enter the studio if they are exhibiting any symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- All dancers are encouraged to do a health self-assessment before coming to the studio, including checking for symptoms and fever.
WHAT CHANGES ARE HAPPENING AT DBA?
- Classes will be about 3-5 minutes shorter in length, so that each room and all equipment can be thoroughly cleaned in between classes.
- Dancers should arrive in dance attire and bring only the shoes necessary, as well as one electronic device (as needed). A small dance bag is acceptable if the dancer has multiple classes and needs to change shoes.
- Following CDC recommendations, students will be spaced at least 3 feet apart and maintain this distance during the class.
- Dancers may not gather in hallways, stairwells, or any other indoor spaces before, after or between classes. Dancers must wait outside the studio with adult supervision when needed. Dancers must wait in their vehicle until their class scheduled times. All dancers must be picked up promptly at the end of their class. If the dancer has multiple classes in a row, please pick up the dancer after the last class.